CVE-401-1I Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution
The CVE-401-1 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution course provides students with the foundation necessary to effectively plan for and perform the tasks necessary to successfully incorporate a complete Citrix virtualization solution into a Windows Server 2008 environment.
Upon course completion, students will be able to integrate key Citrix virtualization technologies, including XenServer, XenApp, Provisioning Services, and XenDesktop, to create an end-to-end virtualization solution. The highly hands-on curriculum includes exercises that also teach students best practices for securing the environment, monitoring the different components in the environment, backing-up critical systems, and updating and patching applications and virtualized servers.
Ring til IDG Kurser på +45 77 300 300
eller mail på email@example.com
for nærmere info angående datoer.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as Server, Network and Systems Engineers. Systems Integrators, Systems Administrators and Application Engineers are also appropriate candidates for this course.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners possess the following:
Experience using the following Citrix products:
Citrix XenServer 5.6 or higher
Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 or higher
Citrix XenApp 6.0 or higher
Citrix XenDesktop 5.0 or higher
Experience using Windows Server 2008, including:
Base OS, including server roles
Group Policy Objects
Experience using Microsoft SQL Server
Completion of the following courses or demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
CXS-203-1 - Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration
CXA-206-1 - Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration
CXA-301-1 - Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration
CXD-202-1 - Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration
Upon completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Prepare the storage NICs, resource pools, and networking configurations for a XenServer host.
- Configure Provisioning Services for the environment.
- Migrate an existing XenApp farm and provision new XenApp servers.
- Manage user personalization settings with Citrix Profile management.
- Create a master virtual desktop for XenDesktop.
- Configuring Access Gateway VPX.
- Increasing password security using Single Sign-on.
- Monitor the virtualized environment with Citrix EdgeSight.
- Reducing power consumption with Power and Capacity Management.